Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Roll Over

Can you say, "Roll Over?" And I'm not talking about what we say to Piper when we are making her work for treats. I'm talking about Devin. He rolled over for the first time today. Yeah! I put him down on the floor on his tummy and he rolled over as soon as I let go. It was surprising to both of us. But Devin was a proud boy and let out a quick giggle and smile. He is getting really strong and will push himself up so his arms are really straight. Then tonight, he just leaned to the right and bloop, he rolled over. We'll see if it was an accident or if he can do it again soon.

This week, Devin and my Mom went with me to a conference in Burlingame. We had a good, quick trip. Next time, we'll need more time to do more shopping and exploring. It has been so long since I lived there that it seems like there are all new places to check out. My Mom was a total trooper and kept Devin busy in our hotel room while I attended my training sessions. We took a ton of Devin's toys and gear so we pretty much had wall-to-wall baby central going on. It is true, a little baby requires so much stuff! A big thanks to my rock star Mom for making the trip possible.

Devin's other new trick is that he likes to lay on his back and gurgle. It is as if he's learning how to use his vocal cords more and more each day. Now, I'll have to start working on the "ma ma" saying. :-)

Sleeping is still a challenge. Our sweet boy is not good at putting himself to sleep on his own. And he is not a pacifier baby so when he is up, it is hard to get him back to sleep without some rocking. We are letting him cry it out some, but we all know that will get messed up when we travel next week. I just can't see letting him cry it out in a very nice hotel!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home