Friday, January 26, 2007

Time to Explore

Hey - It's my frog.
I'm going to have to eat you!
I love my froggie.
And I love my daddy too!

Devin is doing great these days laughing and smiling up a storm. As of yesterday, he was 17 pounds, 1 ounce with his clothes on. And I have officially moved him into his 6-12 month clothes. He is still sleeping great, although he didn't go right back to sleep at 5 a.m. this morning like he normally does. But he's letting Rich and I get a good nights sleep overall. No complaints here.

Devin is in his crib right now with his musical aquarium going. Wonder if he'll put himself to sleep on his own? That could be a good thing to learn as babies sleep deeper if they put themselves to sleep on their own. I think he's a bit young for that though. And naps are harder on him overall. He's so alert and aware of everything that he wants to look around. This is when those blackout curtains could really come in handy. I figure that as long as he sleeps well at night, I don't worry about the daytime naps.

I go back to work next Thursday and am getting mentally ready. I know Devin will be fine. It is clearly harder to send me to work than Devin to his Grandma's house. I feel so fortunate to have had 3 1/2 months off work. It was a time that I will forever cherish.
Ok...I just checked on Devin. While writing this blog and posting the pictures, he put himself to sleep...ON HIS OWN. It may only happen this one time. But a huge milestone at best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home