Friday, June 05, 2009

39 Weeks and Counting

I saw my doctor yesterday and she said that I'm 4 cm dilated, 60%, and -1 station. So it is really just a matter of time for this baby to come. She does think my labor will go quick, which would be great! I had a ton of contractions last Saturday and then again on Wednesday night, but they faded both times. I don't feel the same as I did before I had Devin so it is anyone's guess as to when this baby will come. My doctor said that she'd induce me anytime I want, but I'd rather go into labor on my own. I have another appt next Wednesday and my doctor is on call next Thursday (the day before my due date), so I'll likely go for the induction on Thursday if the baby doesn't come before then. I am just eager to meet this little boy or girl. The mystery will be over very soon! I can't wait.

As part of our nesting project, we completely relandscaped our front yard and put in eight garden beds with a fountain in the back yard. It looks great. I'll try to post some pictures this weekend. Devin has enjoyed being outside playing in all the dirt piles while we made the final push to get the yard work done.

Devin has also crossed the hump to getting potty trained. We are using "big boy" underwear all day and just a pull up at night. He stays dry at night most of the time so we are all thrilled. He didn't want to poop on the potty for a while, but we made a fun song we sing when he does it and he finally got on board. Yeah. We are thrilled to have him out of diapers before baby #2 arrives. Devin also has been very sweet with our friend's little baby. At first, he did not like me holding a newborn, but quickly got over it when I asked him to help me pat his back or touch his feet. I think he is getting that he can be a good helper and not lose mommy in the process. I'm so proud of him.

Devin has really sprouted up in the last month. He has completely blown through a two sizes of underwear and is in 4T shorts and 3T shirts. I almost think he could go up to 5T in shorts. Thankfully I can do that with shorts. If he is in that size in the fall, I think we'll have to get Grandma Casaday hemming some pants. haha.

I received a promotion at work today, which I'm thrilled about. I can't believe I got this opportunity the week before my due date! I feel very fortunate and blessed in so many aspects of my life. It is truely a time to give thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home