Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Good Dr. Appt

I had a prenatal appt. today and my doctor said that everything is "cooking" along just fine. The baby is measuring right on target, my blood pressure was good, etc. So far, we have both called this an "uneventful pregnancy" which I am so grateful for. She said that the baby's heart rate was 126 and, as a result, officially made her prediction of a boy! We'll have to wait a little while longer to find out for sure. Devin keeps asking for a sister so hopefully he won't be terribly disappointed if it is a boy.

The baby's heart rate was found low on my belly so my doctor is pretty sure the baby is in a head down position. I was convinced for a while that the baby was in a lateral position as I had kicking on both sides, but the baby for the last week or two has just been kicking and rolling up high on my belly. So that would fit with the idea of the baby being in a head down position. One thing that is true is that this baby is very active all day long. Thankfully, it sleeps all night. :-)

I did take a good fall walking into my office building a week ago. I hit a slick spot on the floor combined with my balance being awful with the extra weight. I must have done a perfect drop and roll because I didn't hit my belly and ended up with not a single bruise or sore muscle. Only some latte foam in my hair! Rich kept teasing me that the surveillance camera film was sure to end up on YouTube! I now walk very slllloooowwwwlllyyy on that floor.

I've been really feeling good. Just starting to have a really good waddle and feeling slower by the day. And bending over to pick something up is a joke. I am already started to dream of wearing normal, non-maternity clothes this summer!

Oh, I also bought a new carseat for the baby. It is on backorder until June, so hopefully the seat will come before this baby. If not, I'll have to get a different color or whatever they have in stock. Cross your fingers that carseat order shows up early. I have also started sorting all of Devin's newborn clothes so I will have some stuff handy for the new munchkin. I'm pretty much not planning to buy anything until I know the baby's gender, except for a unisex outfit for the baby to wear home from the hospital. The good news is that girls can wear blue ok....it is just boys that don't look right in pink. haha.

I made my last official work trip yesterday to San Francisco. It was almost 90 degrees and most lunch places did not have air conditioning. But I found an air conditioned Starbucks to hang out in until my business meeting. Thank goodness! Rich and I were both super tired yesterday and were in bed by 9 p.m. last night. I still sleep really well thankfully and am back with full energy today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home