Friday, April 27, 2007

First Night Away

I spent my first night away from Devin this week. I had to go to Salt Lake City for work. Thankfully it was just an overnighter and I was back within 24 hours. Rich was so patient as I had a million lists and reminders for the time I was away. I truly missed my boys, but am so proud of Rich for handling Devin all on his own. The night shift has been my job for the most part, but Rich jumped right in when we all needed him. I now know I can leave and not worry. Although, I hopefully won’t have to leave again any time soon.

I also mastered the tricks of traveling and pumping. Devin is still nursing, so I had to take my pump to keep my supply up while on the road. The limits on bringing liquids on the plane now certainly added a twist to my travel plans too. Did you know that you can take breastmilk, of any quantity, on a plane as long as you have a baby with you? Well, Devin wasn’t on this trip with me, so I had to put his milk in a little cooler in my luggage and check it. I talked to the guy who took my bag and pleaded with him to make sure my bag made it on the plane. I’d be devastated if the bag arrived late and the milk spoiled. I always knew travel would be more challenging once I had a baby, but I thought that would only be the case when he was with me.

Devin has had his first cold all week. Not quite sure what is going on. The night before I left, he was so congested he could barely eat without having to come up for air. I spoke with the doctor and they think it might have been a side effect of his shots. I tell yah, I’m ready for my little boy to not be so congested. But thankfully, he’s been all smiles and not acting any different. He really is a happy baby overall…we are so blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home