Friday, December 04, 2009

We Have a Sleeper!

Just recently, we moved our guest room downstairs and moved Gavin's crib out of our room into his own. When we had Devin, we spent a ton of time and effort setting up the perfect room for our new baby. With Gavin, he really just got moved into the fold of being in a room with us along with putting his changing pad on our bathroom vanity counter. He really never got "all set up" in his own space. As a result, we all weren't sleeping well. We'd stir in the night and wake Gavin up and vice versa.

The first night after having Gavin in his own room, I was quick to be there and pick him up all night long. Exhausting!! Gavin and I actually ended up sleeping in Devin's bed by morning (thankfully Devin has a queen size bed). But I since realized I was picking Gavin up quickly when he wasn't even crying. He was just stirring while trying to get back into another comfortable position.

After a few days, I now have Gavin only getting up once in the night. He goes down at 8 p.m. or so and will sleep until 2 a.m. He eats really quickly and goes right back down until 6 a.m. I can often feed him again and he'll sleep another few hours. This is so great compared to our previous routine. We also just started him on cereal, so I'm confident I can get that 2 a.m. feeding to drop off too. Life is good. I just needed to let the boy sleep and not interrupt him. Now, he goes to bed with his door shut and no monitor. If he needs me, I'll hear him. And so far, we are all sleeping so much better and Rich and I are finally back in our own bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home