Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Devin's 3 Year Checkup

Devin went to the doctor a couple weeks ago and got glowing reviews from the pediatrician. He was 40 pounds (above the 95th percentile) and 39 1/2 inches tall (85th percentile). I think he is actually a bit taller as the nurse didn't have his straighten up before the measurement. But nonetheless, his stats look great.

I did chuckle at this appt though because instead of the doctor asking me questions, she would ask Devin directly. Things like, "do you wear a helmet when you ride your bike?" or "do you sit in your carseat?" I wonder how many kids actually rat out their parents?

At Devin's appt, he didn't need any shots. Yeah! But he did get the H1N1 nasal treatment. He goes back in 30 days for a booster. He had zero symptoms afterwards so I was happy about that. We'll probably also get him the flu shot at his follow up appt. Not sure he'll be so thrilled about that.

Devin's teacher called me today to say that they had another false fire alarm. Aaargghh! Apparently, several kids had a really hard time and were crying. Devin did great, but she knows how much that startled him last time and we struggled for months afterwards as a result. So, I went to the school right away and hung out with him during lunch to make sure he was comfortable. He really seemed great. We'll see how drop off tomorrow morning goes. He has been awesome for several weeks now, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed we stay on that path.

Devin was so cute at school today. He just got his lunch and was picking a table to sit at. So, he found one and then went to get another chair for me to sit in. It was so thoughtful and sweet. Of course, a proud mom moment!

Devin has become a total chatter box. He says the funniest things sometimes. He woke up from his nap and then we climbed in my bed to snuggle for a few minutes. He says, "Mommy...this bed is so comfortable. And my bed is too." He said that with the sweetest smile.

We have officially moved out of pull-ups at night. He has been staying dry for a while but I was more leary of giving them up for some reason. But he's been doing great and is so excited and proud in the morning to tell us he stayed dry. And he no longer wants milk with his bedtime books. He instead drinks it earlier in the evening. Our boy is growing up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home