Friday, July 27, 2007

Sleeping the Night

After 9 months and 14 days, we officially have a baby who has slept the night. Most books say that once a baby sleeps 8 hours straight, they are technically "sleeping through the night." Well if that was the case, then everyone in the house would have to go to bed at 7:30 or 8 p.m. every night to enjoy a full eight hours of uninterrupted sleep. My defininition of sleeping the night is when Devin goes to bed and is still in his bed when I get up the next day. Now, that's what it is all about! And last night was the first time it has happened in our house. I did wake up a few times wondering why I hadn't heard from Devin, but managed to easily go back to sleep. :-) I am amazed at how well I've managed with not sleeping a whole night in almost a year. Moms must be gifted with a special gene to handle sleep deprivation. As you can tell, our sweet baby boy is not much of a sleeper overall. So this is a BIG milestone we are all very excited about. I just hope I am not jinxing myself writing about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home