Saturday, July 21, 2007

Got Milk?

Our refrigerator/freezer died last night...and, as a result, all the breastmilk I've been stockpiling spoiled. When I opened the door and saw everything liquified, my heart just sank. I've been pumping extra milk for months now so I'd have an extra supply to carry Devin for a while after I stop nursing. Well, in one night, that whole plan vanished. I must have put 5 of the gallon size ziploc bags of breastmilk in the garbage can. Sighhhhh!!! For those of you who have pumped milk, you can truely appreciate the amount of time and energy that went into that milk. It was a sad moment to say the least, but thankfully I am still able to build up some more reserves.

On the positive side, we now have an ice chest in our kitchen (until the repair man can come on Monday). And Devin thinks the ice chest is soooo cool. He loves to stand up and bang his measuring cups and spoons on the lid. Anything new to play with (and stand up against) is a huge hit in his world.

The last two teeth have broken through and Devin is a happy baby. I'm amazed at how he has already perfected how to eat with those new teeth.

Tonight at dinner, Devin was having fun with his Aunt Deseri. She would raise her hands in the air, and then Devin would do the same. It was a fun game they were playing. It is so cool to watch his interactions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home