Sunday, October 15, 2006

Our Baby Boy Has Arrived

With much excitement, we introduce you to Devin Joseph Valdez. He was born 10 days early on October 13, 2006 at 12:41 p.m. He weighed in at 7 pounds, 5 ounces and 21 inches. He is such a joy. I still can't believe he is ours. I thought right away that he looked like his daddy.

We had a quick delivery and everything went great. I had contractions all night Thursday night, but they weren't bad at all. Then early into the morning, I realized that making it to my last day at work wasn't going to happen. My master plan of finishing up at work, getting over my cold, and resting up before the baby's arrival all got accelerated to say the least. After a sleepless night on Thursday night, we went to the hospital at 9 a.m. Quickly the nurses were all racing around as soon as they realized I was at 9 cm and not far off from delivering. I had no idea I progressed so well through the night at home. The staff took great care of us and we welcomed our son a couple hours later. I was a very lucky first-timer. Next time, they said I need to come to the hospital sooner. :-)

Here's some pictures of baby Devin, including one with his cousin James (the picture is hilarious because I don't think James knew what to think of Devin). Looking forward to you all meeting Devin soon.

4 Comments:

At 1:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew you'd get a picture up right away. I already checked twice today. Congrats!! Can't wait to hear more and see lots more photos.

 
At 6:07 PM , Blogger Cathy said...

hehe!

 
At 9:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful. Sending hugs and kisses.
Love,
Emil & Kristine

 
At 8:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats all that hair, I don't have any. Shucks I have to wait for mine........

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home